Sprinkler systems can prevent major damage in the event of a building fire. These systems offer a sense of security, knowing that water will be released in times of emergencies to reduce or stop fires altogether. What happens if the fire sprinklers are faulty or were never installed in the first place? Most likely, your residence will sustain serious damage that could have been prevented with sprinklers.
If your residence was damaged in a fire due to faulty sprinklers, call us!
If you believe your building manager failed to properly maintain the sprinkler system in your building or believe that the sprinklers were defective, contact our San Antonio personal injury attorneys. We have extensive experience dealing with building fire claims and can review your case for free.
Top Reasons Why Sprinklers May Not Work
Although our current society allows for advances in technology and sprinklers have upgraded to reflect the new buildings, they can still malfunction. If a sprinkler is properly installed and maintained it can effectively reduce damages in building fires 97% of the time. However, there are circumstances where the sprinklers do not work appropriately, thus exacerbating the situation.
Common reason why sprinklers may not work effectively include:
- The sprinklers do not have access to a steady and sufficient supply of water.
- The sprinklers themselves may have deficient design or structuring errors. Furthermore, inadequately installed sprinklers will not work the way they are supposed to.
- Faulty building structures can negatively affect the sprinkler’s performance.
- The sprinkler may not be compatible with the new building structure.
- The sprinkler was not adequately maintained or checked.
Don’t suffer alone: contact our personal injury attorneys now.
At Wyatt Law Firm, we understand how devastating a home or building fire can be. Important mementos, documents, and necessities can perish in the blink of an eye. If your home or building experienced undue damages because of faulty sprinkler systems, contact our San Antonio injury attorneys. We offer free consultations. Contact us today to learn your legal rights.