When purchasing products for your home, office, for fun, or for any other reason, you trust the manufacturers to produce items that are safe. You should not have to sacrifice personal health and safety when purchasing various products. At Wyatt Law Firm, your wellbeing is important to us. That is why we want to alert you to potentially hazardous appliances.
On September 9, 2015, the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the following product recalls:
- Panasonic Metal Cutter Saw Kit and Metal Cutter Combo Kit
- Cabrinha Kiteboard Control Systems
- Baja Motorsport's Mini Bikes
- Kenwood Blenders
PANASONIC METAL CUTTERS POSE THE RISK OF LACERATION
Panasonic is recalling their metal cutter saw kit and their metal cutter combo kit because they may cause slashes and personal injury. The blade guard for the lower blade is slow to release and can get stuck in a retracted position, causing the blade to remain exposed. During this time, there is potential for serious lacerations or injury. Panasonic is asking customers who have purchased this product to stop using it and immediately return it to the manufacturers. Customers can call in to receive prepaid shipping. The manufacturers will replace the safety guard.
- Sold at Industrial distributors throughout the nation
- Sold between April 2012 through June 2015 for about $400 (saw kit) and $500 (combo kit)
- Manufactured in China and Japan
POTENTIAL BREAK IN TRIM LINE IN CABRINHA KITEBOARD CONTROL SYSTEMS
Cabrinha is recalling their kiteboard control systems because there is potential risk of losing control of the product, which can lead to dangerous injuries. There have been four reports of the trim line breaking. Although there are no reports of injuries, with the trim line detached from the depower mainline, the consumer can loss control of the product and risk injury. Cabrinha is asking consumers to immediately return the product, where the manufacturer will then install a free replacement part.
- Sold at Watersports stores across the country
- Sold between July 2015 and August 2015 for about $430 and $530
- The manufacturers are Cabrinha Kites
- Made in China
BAJA MOTORSPORTS RECALLS MINI BIKES BECAUSE OF CRASH AND FALL HAZARD
Baja Motorsports is recalling their mini bikes because of crash and fall risks. There have been 22 reports of the front fork separating from the wheel on the bike. Of the 22 reports, there have been 11 that have resulted in minor injuries. The manufactures suggest that customers stop using the bikes and schedule for a free repair.
- Sold at the Tractor Supply Company stores
- Sold between February 2015 and August 2015, for approximately $650
- Imported by Baja, Inc. d/b/a Baja Motorsports, of Anderson, S.C.
- Made in China
BLADE IN KENWOOD BLENDERS POSE RISKS OF CUTS
Kenwood is recalling their Blend-XPRO.BLM800 models. Manufacturers fear that the lower blade can break when the blender is being used thus causing lacerations and injury. Although there have been no reports, the company would like customers to stop use and contact them for a free replacement blade assembly kit.
- Sold in multiple department and appliance stores, some of which include Bloomingdale's, Kitchen Window, The Cupboard and more.
- Sold for an average of $400
- Sold between August 2014 and July 2015
- Importers are De'Longhi America, Inc. of Upper Saddle River, N.J.
- Manufactured in China
If you or someone you know has been injured by any of the products listed, call our experienced San Antonio personal injury attorneys. We can help you review your case for free! Your injuries caused by faulty products should not go unanswered.