The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recently released a new list of automobiles that manufacturers are recalling. The vehicles display defects that can endanger the drivers and passengers. The NHTSA regularly releases recalled vehicles to protect consumers. A defective car cannot only cause extensive injury, it can potentially cause death.
THE RECENT RECALLS INCLUDE
Transportation Collaborative, Inc. - Trans Tech Bus
- Make/Model: Trans Tech Bus / 2012-2015
- Dates Manufactured: December 1, 2012 - April 23, 2015
- Issues: The barriers may not perform properly, putting passengers at greater risk in case of a crash.
Navistar, Inc. - IC Bus
- Make/Model: IC BUS / 2016 & 2016-2017
- Dates Manufactured: The 2016 model was manufactured from March 4, 2015 - December 14, 2015. The 2016-2017 model was manufactured from March 2, 2015 - January 13, 2016.
- Issues: The hood may open when the driver brakes. If this happens, it can potentially obstruct the driver's vision, causing greater risk of crashes.
Forest River, Inc. - Coachmen
- Make/Model: Coachmen / 2016
- Dates Manufactured: October 30, 2015 - February 15, 2016
- Issues: The Federal Placard lists the wrong numbers, thus potentially allowing operator to overload vehicle.
Volvo Trucks North America - Volvo
- Make/Model: Volvo / 2009-2010,2016
- Dates Manufactured: VT trucks were manufactured from April 9, 2008 - September 24, 2009. 2016 VNL/VNM trucks were manufactured from January 2, 2015 - November 6, 2015.
- Issues: Corrosion may cause ball joints to fail. This can cause a loss of steering control, leading to a crash.
Ford Motor Company - Ford
- Make/Model: Ford / 2016
- Dates Manufactured: February 13, 2014 - January 13, 2016
- Issues: Seatbelt in the rear may not latch properly, causing increased risk for injuries in the event of a crash.
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing - Lexus / Pontiac / Toyota
- Make/Model: Lexus / 2008-2010, Pontiac / 2008, Toyota / 2008
- Dates Manufactured: The Lexus was manufactured from August 3, 2007 - July 30, 2010. The Toyota was manufactured from May 25, 2007 - December 18, 2007. And the Pontiac was manufactured from May 25, 2007 - December 21, 2007.
- Issues: The passenger side's front air bag may rupture, causing metal pieces to strike the passenger. This can cause serious injury or death.
At Wyatt Law Firm, we realize how dangerous defective vehicles can be. That is why we want you to be aware of the defects in these auto recalls. If you were injured because of a malfunctioning car, contact our San Antonio defective product attorney today.