Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd.
You Only Pay If We Win
210-255-2231

February 2019 Archives

Workplace accidents: Lead exposure led to OSHA citations

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration received complaints about lead exposure at a gun range in Texas. The agency endeavors to prevent workplace accidents and injuries or illnesses, and it launched the National Emphasis Program on Lead to address excessive exposure in workplaces. Employers must monitor and address workplace hazards that could threaten the safety and health of employees.

Multiple defective products lawsuits filed against 3M

Thousands of men and women from Texas and other parts of the country serve our nation in the various branches of the U.S. armed forces. They risk their lives every day to protect our citizens at home and abroad. Certainly, military personnel rely on different types of equipment, such as earplugs, to safeguard their bodies while on duty. Unfortunately, several veterans have filed defective products lawsuits against a major manufacturer after the faulty earplugs they used apparently led to hearing loss.

SAFD warns of space heater safety to prevent house fires

The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm became aware that within the past week, San Antonio Fire Department responded to numerous calls for house fires which causes were directly related to space heaters. Starting on January 20, 2019, a woman and her two pets were evacuated from a house fire when witnesses called firefighters due to seeing heavy smoke engulfing the living room of the home. Firefighters later discovered that a space heater was the cause of the fire. Another major fire occurred on January 23, 2019, where a space heater place inside an outdoor shed caught fire, killed a dog, and melted off the siding of the flame-engulfed shed. The space heater that was most likely priced at under $100 caused a steep $25,000 worth of damage. Finally, the third of many other space heater fires that have plagued the area ignited just before 6 a.m. on January 28, 2019. A 67-year-old man was killed in a house fire in Southwest Bexar County. Authorities discovered that the fire was likely caused by a space heater. The elderly man died from smoke inhalation, and two other family members who resided in the home suffered from severe burns.

The insurance company is already building a case.

Start your case now.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

21 Lynn Batts Lane
Suite 10
San Antonio, TX 78218

Phone: 210-255-2231
Fax: 210-340-5581
San Antonio Law Office Map