1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Premises Liability
  4.  » Carbon monoxide poisoning and neurological damage

Carbon monoxide poisoning is very serious and may be fatal. Many modern smoke detectors also have built-in carbon monoxide detectors to give people in homes, apartments, hotels, dorms and many other settings an extra layer of security. Since you cannot taste or smell this gas, you may not know you are being poisoned without the alarm. 

If this type of poisoning happens and is not fatal, it can still be very serious. It has been linked to neurological issues and brain damage. This often happens when people are exposed to such high levels that they lose consciousness. However, some studies have found that a loss of consciousness is not necessary. Someone could still see these long-term impacts and changes in their life. 

Many people experience confusion when being exposed to consistent levels of gas without their knowledge. They may lose time and not realize that they actually lost consciousness. They may think they have been drugged or that they have a serious brain condition, like a tumor. It is not always obvious what is going on, and it can be frightening. It can also allow that damage to continue since they do not know they need to remove themselves from harm. 

If you have been poisoned and suffered serious neurological damage or other ramifications, you need to know what legal options you have. You need a lawyer. Here at the Wyatt Law Firm, we have decades of experience helping clients pursue the maximum financial recovery possible following a serious injury.  Our lawyers will listen to your story and help you claim everything that you are rightfully due. Please do not hesitate to contact us through the online contact form or by dialing 210-255-2231. We look forward to working with you.