Manufactured in China, the strollers were sold online on Costway’s site and the World’s largest online marketplace, Amazon, for about $100.
The strollers could potentially allow a child’s torso to pass through the opening between the tray and seat. This could cause their head to become entrapped, risking strangulation.
Additionally, the pelvic restraint’s location creates a large opening between the seat bottom and the restraint, which could pose a fall hazard to children.
Costway recalled stroller models:
- Infant Double Stroller, model #BB4476 (Red, Grey, Black)
- Infant Double Stroller, model #BB4613 (Black)
- Face to Face Double Stroller, model #BB4690 (Grey)
Consumers with the above models should stop using the strollers as soon as possible. If you have not been injured, you can contact Costway for instructions on how to receive a refund.
However, if you have been a consumer affected by this recall, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Our office is open for calls 24/7, but you can also fill out a confidential form and we’ll get right back to you.
- We seek justice for people throughout the US — including the cities of San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Laredo, and Corpus Christi.
- All consultations are FREE of charge.