The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm extend our sincerest condolences to the Cavazos family. We are so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Mr. Cavazos and his two daughters, found dead in their home Monday evening.
A recent report published by the National Fire Protection Association found that construction workers under contract are those most commonly affected by accidental death by electrocution. The report uses data from the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to analyze the frequency of fatal electrical injuries of contract workers.
As winter is off to a not-so-cold start in South Texas, there is still time for the winter weather to sneak upon us. A winter-wonderland sounds great; however, there are many risks associated with such weather conditions. One of those dangerous risks is carbon monoxide poisoning. No one likes to get inside a brutally cold vehicle, especially those who have the ability to start their vehicles by using a remote control or an app like OnStar. With this ability comes great danger, especially to those who live in homes as they might forget to open their garages before starting their vehicle. When a car is started in a closed garage, the "silent killer" known as carbon monoxide will infiltrate the garage, leading to accidental poisoning when the driver or passenger enters a garage to get into a vehicle.
Traumatic brain injuries are a preventable public health issue. Efforts to improve diagnosis and treatment of TBIs (frequently referred to as a concussion) continue; however, there is room for improvement, and education is key to reducing the incidents and severity of this crisis.
A recent study has shown that a concussion can significantly reduce a person's life span. It can also place a person at a greater risk for psychiatric problems.