Summertime is a time for being outdoors and enjoying the summer weather with friends and family. While one may enjoy the heat outside, the heat can be uncomfortable and dangerous inside if the space is not climate controlled. An un-airconditioned warehouse in Texas was excessively warm and may have contributed to the death of an employee recently in a possible premises liability case.
Texas residents are privileged to have an abundance of stores and shops to provide them with plenty of choices to meet their needs. The vast majority of these public establishments offer convenience and a safety for customers, thanks to premises liability laws. These laws state that business and property owners must provide a safe environment for all lawful visitors. Unfortunately, not all property and business owners adhere to these laws.
On April 12, 2019, the Personal Injury Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm discovered that five people at the Newcome Park Apartments were displaced from their home as a result of a fire that occurred overnight on April 12, 2019. The Personal Injury Lawyers and Carbon Monoxide Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm were informed that the fire began in the attic just above the top floor of one of the apartments. Fire officials reported that everyone was evacuated safely from the building but that two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
People in Texas and all over the country go to amusement parks to have fun. Some even ride a roller coaster. Despite the thrills they expect to experience while doing so, they ultimately assume that those who own and maintain such rides ensure that they are safe for everyone. Unfortunately, three people were recently injured in an out-of-state incident that could ultimately result in a premises liability lawsuit.
Carbon monoxide is well-understood as dangerous, but not everyone is fully aware of how deadly it can be. As an odorless gas, it can be impossible to tell when a leak is occurring. Carbon monoxide detectors are often the only line of defense between people and a deadly type of poisoning, and yet many properties in Texas are not equipped with functioning equipment. Premises liability claims are often the only way to hold negligent property owners responsible.
When a company opens a parking garage to the public, it is generally responsible for maintaining a safe environment for everyone nearby. If hazardous or unsafe conditions lead to an accident, the result could be catastrophic. A woman has recently filed a premises liability lawsuit against a company after a faulty cable barrier reportedly allowed her car to fall seven stories in a Texas parking garage.
Property owners in Texas and elsewhere are responsible for maintaining a safe environment free of hazards to prevent accidents and injuries. When potential risks are made known, those responsible usually choose to address the issue as quickly as possible. However, sometimes these warnings are ignored, and eventually someone might suffer the consequences, which could in turn lead to a premises liability lawsuit.
Slip-and-fall accidents have injured countless individuals in Texas and across the country. There are numerous circumstances that can lead to a similar incident, such as inclement weather or inattention. However, some of these accidents occur on account of unsafe conditions on the property of another party, which has lead to numerous premises liability lawsuits throughout the years.
Living in a house that is susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning can turn your home into a deathtrap. That's why it's important to take steps to ensure such a tragedy never occurs in your house.
Some houses are at greater risk of carbon mono-oxide poisoning than others. While you can file a claim in court for any damages suffered due to the presence of carbon mono-oxide in your residence, you also need to stay aware of what to do immediately after getting poisoned by the gas. The symptoms of carbon mono-oxide vary depending on the concentration of the gas, from headache, shortness of breath, fatigue, dizziness, feeling sick, mood swings, vision problems, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, nausea to vomiting. If you do not get the symptoms treated, the condition may worsen so you experience unconsciousness, a seizure or enter a coma.