Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas well-known among medical professionals for its sinister reputation as a "silent killer." However, average people may not know of its existence let alone understand the threat it presents. San Antonio personal injury and carbon monoxide lawyers at Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd. are well-versed on this topic.
The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm became aware that within the past week, San Antonio Fire Department responded to numerous calls for house fires which causes were directly related to space heaters. Starting on January 20, 2019, a woman and her two pets were evacuated from a house fire when witnesses called firefighters due to seeing heavy smoke engulfing the living room of the home. Firefighters later discovered that a space heater was the cause of the fire. Another major fire occurred on January 23, 2019, where a space heater place inside an outdoor shed caught fire, killed a dog, and melted off the siding of the flame-engulfed shed. The space heater that was most likely priced at under $100 caused a steep $25,000 worth of damage. Finally, the third of many other space heater fires that have plagued the area ignited just before 6 a.m. on January 28, 2019. A 67-year-old man was killed in a house fire in Southwest Bexar County. Authorities discovered that the fire was likely caused by a space heater. The elderly man died from smoke inhalation, and two other family members who resided in the home suffered from severe burns.
If you have ever accidentally dripped hot grease on yourself or bumped the edge of a pan taken out of a hot oven, you know how badly such injuries can hurt. When it comes to severe burns, unfathomable pain and long, arduous recoveries are common among those who are victims of such injuries. If you are currently navigating the healing process after suffering serious burns on one or more parts of your body, you are likely relying on various people for support.
You wear safety goggles at work because you know the dangers of the chemicals you work with and the consequences of getting those substances in your eyes. However, in one split second, the chemicals were in your face, and your eyes began to burn. Thankfully, your job site has an eye wash station where co-workers helped you rinse your eyes until help arrived.
Life can change in an instant. Since your accident, you have probably had this thought countless times. No doubt, you spend time reflecting on your life before your injury and comparing it to where you are now. A catastrophic accident has changed your life forever.