The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm became aware that within the past week, San Antonio Fire Department responded to numerous calls for house fires which causes were directly related to space heaters. Starting on January 20, 2019, a woman and her two pets were evacuated from a house fire when witnesses called firefighters due to seeing heavy smoke engulfing the living room of the home. Firefighters later discovered that a space heater was the cause of the fire. Another major fire occurred on January 23, 2019, where a space heater place inside an outdoor shed caught fire, killed a dog, and melted off the siding of the flame-engulfed shed. The space heater that was most likely priced at under $100 caused a steep $25,000 worth of damage. Finally, the third of many other space heater fires that have plagued the area ignited just before 6 a.m. on January 28, 2019. A 67-year-old man was killed in a house fire in Southwest Bexar County. Authorities discovered that the fire was likely caused by a space heater. The elderly man died from smoke inhalation, and two other family members who resided in the home suffered from severe burns.
You may remember how your family rejoiced when they learned you had survived a fire or or explosion. Hopefully, rescue response time was swift and you were quickly transported to the nearest burn trauma unit in your area. Since then, you may have already overcome various challenges during recovery. Recuperation following such accidents is often long and arduous. Thankfully, there are many support networks available in Texas to help you maximize your recovery potential.