Hiding beneath our vehicles, our exhaust systems keep a low profile, but they are extremely important. They funnel away the dangerous gases produced during engine combustion. A broken exhaust system poses extreme danger because it releases carbon monoxide (CO) - an odorless, tasteless, highly toxic gas - which can travel into the passenger area and cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Why should you care? CO poisoning can be debilitating or even deadly.
You may not think much of a furnace that groans or occasionally belches some exhaust, but what if it's leaking extremely toxic gas that you can't see, smell, or taste into your house? It's possible, and you should beware.
You wouldn't willingly inhale a hefty whiff of tailpipe exhaust every morning after breakfast - you'd have to be crazy! But what if you were breathing something similarly toxic without knowing it? Carbon monoxide (CO) - a colorless, odorless, tasteless, deadly gas - is a byproduct from burning fuels. It is extremely harmful with cumulative, damaging effects.
We know that one bite from a cobra can kill since its venom is toxic to humans. But did you know that a one-time exposure to the poisonous gas carbon monoxide can do the same thing? Scariest of all: we only see cobras at the zoo, but carbon monoxide is around us every day, and you can't even tell.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a dangerous and extremely toxic gas that you cannot see, smell, or taste. When someone gets CO poisoning, the CO binds to the hemoglobin in the blood and prevents oxygen from being distributed to the body. Hypoxia is the result, and it can cause organ failure, permanent brain damage, and even death.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas well-known among medical professionals for its sinister reputation as a "silent killer." However, average people may not know of its existence let alone understand the threat it presents. San Antonio personal injury and carbon monoxide lawyers at Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd. are well-versed on this topic.