Dalhart, TX (October 6, 2022) – A major head-on collision took place in Dallam County that claimed the lives of two people. On October 4, the Texas Department of Public Safety responded to the site of a crash that took place on US Highway 54.
According to DPS, at around 8:40 p.m., a truck tractor towing a semi-trailer was traveling northeast on US Highway 54. At the same time, a Dalhart volunteer fire department Chevrolet Tahoe was traveling southwest on the roadway.
The semi-truck struck the Chevrolet Tahoe head-on as the driver of the truck attempted to pass a second vehicle on the road.
A firefighter and a fire department chief both suffered fatal injuries as a result of the crash. The two victims were declared dead at the scene.
The driver of the truck was transported to an area hospital for the treatment of injuries.
The circumstances surrounding the accident are under investigation by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Our thoughts are with the victims who suffered injuries in this accident.
Our condolences are with the families of both of the victims who died in this crash.
Fatal Car Accidents in Texas
Motor vehicle accidents in Texas take the lives of thousands of people annually. Unfortunately, there are multiple types of collisions that we see across our state every day. Some of the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents often occur when one vehicle is following another too close to be able to stop in time to avoid a collision. As a result, the front of the one vehicle collides with the rear end of the vehicle ahead as they brake or slow down.
- Head-on collisions: These accidents can be particularly dangerous, as they involve two vehicles colliding head-on with each other. They often occur when one driver crosses into oncoming traffic or drifts into another lane.
- Side-impact collisions: Also known as T-bone accidents, these crashes happen when one vehicle hits another from the side. They can often be caused by drivers who run red lights or fail to yield the right of way.
- Rollover accidents: These crashes usually occur when a vehicle overturns, either due to a collision with another vehicle or object or because the driver lost control of the vehicle.
- Multi-car pileups: These collisions often occur in poor weather conditions, when one car loses control and collides with multiple other vehicles.
Unfortunately, any of these types of accidents can have fatal results for those involved. If your loved one has died as a result of a vehicle collision, a wrongful death lawyer in Texas can help you file a claim against the responsible driver. A legal claim can help your family secure financial compensation to cover some of the losses you face.
Our Dalhart car accident lawyers at Wyatt Law Firm have extensive experience helping families get justice after losing loved ones. Our team can help your family seek financial compensation to cover lost earnings, funeral costs, and more. Schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience by calling our lawyers at 210-340-5550.
Note: Our team used secondary sources when creating this post. These sources include but are not limited to local and state police reports, local news reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about the accident described. Our team has not independently verified all the facts surrounding this accident. For this reason, if you locate any information that is incorrect, please let us know immediately so that we can correct the error. We will remove a post if requested.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business and none of the information provided in this post is intended to be legal or medical advice. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.