Sugar Land, TX (February 11, 2023) – One person was pronounced deceased at the scene of a crash that took place in the Sugar Land area on Wednesday evening.
Just before 5 p.m. on February 8, the Sugar Land Police Department responded to a motor vehicle accident on US Highway 59.
According to reports provided by the police, multiple vehicles collided on the southbound side of the highway. Two of the involved vehicles overturned. The incident prompted officials to close off the lanes of travel in the area between Highway 90 and Dairy Ashford Road.
One person was fatally injured and pronounced dead at the scene by responding officers. The victim has not been publicly identified at this time.
Authorities remained at the scene extensively as they worked to clear the road and investigate.
The investigations into the accident are currently ongoing.
Our condolences go out to the family of the victim who died in this fatal collision.
Fatal Car Accidents in Texas
Every day, an average of 10 people die due to fatal car crashes in the state of Texas. In many cases, people engage in acts of negligence that lead to harm to others sharing the road. Common factors that contribute to accidents across our state include:
- Drunk Driving: This is by far one of the most common causes of fatal car accidents. People who have been drinking are more likely to make poor decisions behind the wheel and are more likely to get into accidents.
- Speed: When people are traveling too fast for road conditions or weather, they are less likely to be able to stop in time or maintain control of their vehicle. As a result, countless people die due to drivers who speed while traveling across our roadways.
- Distracted Driving: W drivers are texting, talking on the phone, or even just not paying attention to the road, they can cause serious accidents that result in fatal injuries for others.
- Fatigue: When people are tired, they may fall asleep at the wheel or make poor decisions while driving. This can have devastating consequences on others sharing the road.
- Weather Conditions: Bad weather conditions can make it difficult for other drivers to see vehicles traveling nearby. It can also increase the chance of them losing control of their vehicles in crashing.
If you have lost your loved one due to a fatal car crash caused by a negligent or reckless driver, a wrongful death lawyer in Sugar Land can help you seek compensation for the damages that your family has to face.
At Wyatt Law Firm, we are passionate about providing our clients with the legal support that they need to get justice and closure after losing a loved one. Our team has decades of experience helping bereaved families in Texas exercise their legal rights and obtain the compensation they deserve for their loss. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers today at 210-340-5550 to get started.
Note: Our team used secondary sources when creating this post. These sources include but are not limited to local and state police reports, local news reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about the accident described. Our team has not independently verified all the facts surrounding this accident. For this reason, if you locate any information that is incorrect, please let us know immediately so that we can correct the error. We will remove a post if requested.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business, and none of the information provided in this post is intended to be legal or medical advice. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.