Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd.
You Only Pay If We Win
210-255-2231

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Archives

How do you detect carbon monoxide in the air?

We measure length with a ruler, weight with a scale, and temperature with a thermometer, but how do you measure for the colorless, odorless, tasteless, and extremely toxic gas - carbon monoxide?

High-risk groups: who's most at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning?

Carbon monoxide (also known by its chemical formula "CO") is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and non-irritating gas produced by burning fuels. When a person inhales it, CO binds to the hemoglobin in the blood and rapidly cuts off the body's oxygen supply. Acute poisoning can kill a person in minutes. Toxicologists consider CO one of the most dangerous poisons, dubbing it the "silent killer" for its elusive properties.

Symptoms and Common Misdiagnoses of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

We don't pay much attention to the smoke rising off the grill, the exhaust trailing the family car, or the invisible backdraft flowing from the fireplace, but something lethal lurks in the fumes.

Long-term effects of severe carbon monoxide poisoning

In toxicology, dosage determines the case. In the same way, the severity of a carbon monoxide poisoning depends primarily on a person's exposure to it - the higher the dosage, the worse the poisoning.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills Local Family

The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm extend our sincerest condolences to the Cavazos family. We are so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Mr. Cavazos and his two daughters, found dead in their home Monday evening.

Have I been exposed to carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas well-known among medical professionals for its sinister reputation as a "silent killer." However, average people may not know of its existence let alone understand the threat it presents. San Antonio personal injury and carbon monoxide lawyers at Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd. are well-versed on this topic.

Fire displaces five San Antonio apartment residents

On April 12, 2019, the Personal Injury Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm discovered that five people at the Newcome Park Apartments were displaced from their home as a result of a fire that occurred overnight on April 12, 2019. The Personal Injury Lawyers and Carbon Monoxide Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm were informed that the fire began in the attic just above the top floor of one of the apartments. Fire officials reported that everyone was evacuated safely from the building but that two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

SAFD warns of space heater safety to prevent house fires

The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm became aware that within the past week, San Antonio Fire Department responded to numerous calls for house fires which causes were directly related to space heaters. Starting on January 20, 2019, a woman and her two pets were evacuated from a house fire when witnesses called firefighters due to seeing heavy smoke engulfing the living room of the home. Firefighters later discovered that a space heater was the cause of the fire. Another major fire occurred on January 23, 2019, where a space heater place inside an outdoor shed caught fire, killed a dog, and melted off the siding of the flame-engulfed shed. The space heater that was most likely priced at under $100 caused a steep $25,000 worth of damage. Finally, the third of many other space heater fires that have plagued the area ignited just before 6 a.m. on January 28, 2019. A 67-year-old man was killed in a house fire in Southwest Bexar County. Authorities discovered that the fire was likely caused by a space heater. The elderly man died from smoke inhalation, and two other family members who resided in the home suffered from severe burns.

How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from a Remote Starter

As winter is off to a not-so-cold start in South Texas, there is still time for the winter weather to sneak upon us. A winter-wonderland sounds great; however, there are many risks associated with such weather conditions. One of those dangerous risks is carbon monoxide poisoning. No one likes to get inside a brutally cold vehicle, especially those who have the ability to start their vehicles by using a remote control or an app like OnStar. With this ability comes great danger, especially to those who live in homes as they might forget to open their garages before starting their vehicle. When a car is started in a closed garage, the "silent killer" known as carbon monoxide will infiltrate the garage, leading to accidental poisoning when the driver or passenger enters a garage to get into a vehicle.

Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Hotels

As exemplified by a recent incident in Nashville, Tennessee, all too often hotel guests find themselves having to be evacuated because of exposure to carbon monoxide.  Sadly, some don't make it out of the hotel alive, and others suffer long term debilitating effects from the carbon monoxide exposure. 

The insurance company is already building a case.

Start your case now.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

21 Lynn Batts Lane
Suite 10
San Antonio, TX 78218

Phone: 210-255-2231
Fax: 210-340-5581
San Antonio Law Office Map