Summertime is a time for being outdoors and enjoying the summer weather with friends and family. While one may enjoy the heat outside, the heat can be uncomfortable and dangerous inside if the space is not climate controlled. An un-airconditioned warehouse in Texas was excessively warm and may have contributed to the death of an employee recently in a possible premises liability case.
Texas residents are privileged to have an abundance of stores and shops to provide them with plenty of choices to meet their needs. The vast majority of these public establishments offer convenience and a safety for customers, thanks to premises liability laws. These laws state that business and property owners must provide a safe environment for all lawful visitors. Unfortunately, not all property and business owners adhere to these laws.
In toxicology, dosage determines the case. In the same way, the severity of a carbon monoxide poisoning depends primarily on a person's exposure to it - the higher the dosage, the worse the poisoning.
It's another hot summer in Texas, which means swimmers are cannon-balling into pools all over the Lone Star State. It's also the season for fatal swimming pool accidents. As with most accidents, prevention is the best cure: adults and children should learn about swim safety, and pool owners should maintain safe premises. Too often, however, people only take pool accidents into account once one has already happened.
The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm extend our sincerest condolences to the Cavazos family. We are so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Mr. Cavazos and his two daughters, found dead in their home Monday evening.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas well-known among medical professionals for its sinister reputation as a "silent killer." However, average people may not know of its existence let alone understand the threat it presents. San Antonio personal injury and carbon monoxide lawyers at Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd. are well-versed on this topic.
On April 12, 2019, the Personal Injury Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm discovered that five people at the Newcome Park Apartments were displaced from their home as a result of a fire that occurred overnight on April 12, 2019. The Personal Injury Lawyers and Carbon Monoxide Lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm were informed that the fire began in the attic just above the top floor of one of the apartments. Fire officials reported that everyone was evacuated safely from the building but that two people had to be treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
A recent report published by the National Fire Protection Association found that construction workers under contract are those most commonly affected by accidental death by electrocution. The report uses data from the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to analyze the frequency of fatal electrical injuries of contract workers.
People in Texas and all over the country go to amusement parks to have fun. Some even ride a roller coaster. Despite the thrills they expect to experience while doing so, they ultimately assume that those who own and maintain such rides ensure that they are safe for everyone. Unfortunately, three people were recently injured in an out-of-state incident that could ultimately result in a premises liability lawsuit.
Carbon monoxide is well-understood as dangerous, but not everyone is fully aware of how deadly it can be. As an odorless gas, it can be impossible to tell when a leak is occurring. Carbon monoxide detectors are often the only line of defense between people and a deadly type of poisoning, and yet many properties in Texas are not equipped with functioning equipment. Premises liability claims are often the only way to hold negligent property owners responsible.