San Antonio Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys
When you enter into a building, to a certain degree, you are placing your trust in the property owner’s hands. You expect the premises to be reasonably safe. Unfortunately, people slip and fall all too often, sustaining serious injuries. A slip-and-fall injury is not necessarily limited to slips. It can include tripping, stumbling, and losing balance because of someone else’s negligence. If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
Call Wyatt Law Firm today to speak with one of our slip-and fall injury attorneys!
We serve people throughout Texas and the nation, including the cities of San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Laredo and Corpus Christi.
Identifying The Responsible Party
In many premises liability cases where a slip-and-fall occurs, someone is held accountable. Usually the property owner is responsible. The property owner has an obligation to ensure that the conditions of their premises are safe. Of course, there are certain things that may go unnoticed. However, they have to keep things reasonably safe. This includes making sure stairs are stable, rugs are tucked in, and no nail is jutting out of the floorboard. In most cases there are different types of responsible parties.
The three major types of properties are:
- Commercial property – If a person is injured on commercial premises, the owner of the store or building is responsible for the damages.
- Residential property – This usually includes privately owned homes or grounds. If you sustain an injury because of circumstances that the property owner controlled, they could be held responsible.
- Government property – Government property usually includes spaces owned by a local, state, or federal government agency. Filing a claim against government property owners can be complicated because they abide by stricter rules. They are still responsible for any injury their property may have caused.
Regardless of the form of property, it is important for the owners to take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of anyone who might visit.
Proving Slip-and-Fall Accidents
When an individual sustains an injury because of a slip-and-fall accident, pinpointing who is at fault can be difficult. The property owner often blames the victim, citing his or her clumsiness. However, clumsiness may not have caused the fall. In court, the judge will ask whether the accident could have reasonably been prevented. Was there something that the property owner could have done to stop the slip-and-fall from happening?
Some key factors decide who is at fault after a slip-and-fall accident.
A property owner is at fault if:
- He or she created the condition in which the slip and fall occurred
- He or she knew of the condition but did nothing to remedy it
- The condition was there long enough for a reasonable person to notice
Hold Negligence Accountable. Contact Wyatt Law Firm
At Wyatt Law Firm, our slip-and-fall injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to handle even the trickiest cases. Our legal team has over 25 years of experience standing up for victims’ rights. We are here to help you. That is why we do not charge you unless we win! What do you have to lose? Call today at 210- 255-2231 to schedule a free consultation. Take the first steps in seeking the justice you deserve!
Wyatt Law Firm, PLLC
21 Lynn Batts Lane, Suite 10
San Antonio, Texas 78218