Product Liability Dangerous and defective products cause thousands of injuries every year in the U.S. These products include all sorts of consumer goods, from children’s products to consumer electronics and vehicles. Product liability laws are based on the premise that companies generally have a duty to protect consumers from potential hazards. Courts have held that manufacturers generally have more insight and knowledge about their products, so it falls to them to assume financial responsibility for any injuries or damage they cause. An Ordinary Consumer’s Expectations Product liability laws vary from state to state and they differ from ordinary personal injury laws, with their own set of rules and procedures. These laws provide the victims of dangerous products with legal recourse for injuries suffered. A product is typically required to meet the ordinary expectations of a consumer. When a product has an unexpected defect or danger, the product cannot be said to meet those expectations. Depending on the type of defect, any number of different parties may be held liable for…
At the Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s we are dedicated to being a part of the solution to the consumer safety crisis in America. We provide individualized attention aimed at producing maximum results rather than easy settlements. We are dedicated to changing the way manufacturers and insurance companies calculate the cost of cutting corners in product safety. Contact us today and speak to one our Personal Injury Lawyer’s today.
Our goal and the goal of our Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s goes beyond obtaining full financial compensation for our clients. We pass the results of our research and groundbreaking scientific testing along to peer-reviewed journals and the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) in order to help get dangerous products recalled.
Our Firm’s philosophy involves taking the time to get to know our clients individually, always. We meet with them, we spend time with them and we interview their families. We create brochures and videos that portray their family, describe their injuries and identify the causes behind their injuries so that the wrongdoers are forced to take responsibility for the lives they have destroyed.
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers located in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after a burn injury accident caused by:
• Faulty smoke detectors • Glowing connection faults in box fans
• Poorly constructed or badly designed space heaters
• Improperly installed electrical wiring
• LP (liquefied petroleum) gas tank explosions
•Toxic, caustic or acidic agent releases resulting in chemical burns to the skin, lungs or eyes
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers located in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after a 18 wheeler accident caused by:
•Insufficient truck driver training and negligent hiring of unqualified drivers
•Negligent truck maintenance
•Overloaded tractor trailers
•Failure to monitor over hours driving
•Failure to respond appropriately to driver drug or alcohol abuse
• Speeding, reckless lane changes, cell phone use and even watching television or surfing the internet while driving
• Exhaustion caused by driving too many hours in violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) regulations
• Truck driver alcohol and/or drug use, especially stimulants such as cocaine and methamphetamines used to stay awake for extended periods
• Failure to conduct proper truck and cargo safety checks
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers based in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after an oilfield accident caused by:
• Improperly maintained drilling and exploration equipment and defective machinery
• Oilfield, pipeline or refinery fires, explosions and exposure to sulfur hydroxide fumes
• Inadequate safeguards at drilling sites and refinery facilities
• Dangerous Fracking Operations
• Oilfield accidents caused by poorly trained or inadequately supervised co-workers
The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s are passionate about the rights of victims of drunk driving car accidents and seek full financial recovery for the injuries they suffered or the loss of a loved one. We apply our decades of experience and impressive resources toward making all those responsible pay for their negligence. According to law, bars, nightclubs, restaurants and others who serve alcohol can be held legally liable for damages that result if they knowingly serve an intoxicated patron or a minor who then drives drunk and causes a car accident. You can’t build a car that can withstand a 70 mph car crash and if you could, no one could afford to drive such a tank. But you can hold negligent tire manufacturers and careless or drunk drivers responsible for the injuries they cause. If you suffered injury or the loss of a loved one in a car accident, we can help you seek maximum financial recovery from all responsible parties.
With offices in San Antonio,The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s serves the needs of car accident victims and their families throughout Texas and the United States. Our lawyers are passionate advocates who seek full financial recovery for those who have suffered serious injury or the loss of a loved one in any type of car accident, including:
• Car crashes and SUV rollovers caused by faulty tires or defective roadway design
• Car wrecks involving an uninsured or underinsured driver
• Commercial 18 wheeler trucking accidents
• Motorcycle accidents
• Auto-pedestrian or car-bicycle accidents
• Wrongful death claims in fatal car accidents
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers based in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after an wrongful death accident caused by:
• Fatal car accidents and trucking accidents, including those involving gas tank explosions caused by faulty design
• Electrocution, deadly trench collapses, and other industrial and construction accidents
• House fires caused by faulty heaters or defective fans
• Drownings in apartment or hotel swimming pools
The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s are a recognized leader in the negotiation and litigation of personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of electrocution accidents. If you suffered electrical burns or a loved one died due to electrocution accident caused by another’s negligence or an electrical fault in industrial equipment or a consumer product, please contact us today. Not all electrical contacts result in electrical burns or death. Like carbon monoxide poisoning, electrocution accidents can leave only subtle signs to indicate that the victim has suffered serious and possibly permanent injury to the brain or other organs. The most common damages suffered in an electrocution accident are severe electrical burn injuries and death. A strong enough jolt of electricity can stop the heart and lead to death from cardiac arrest within minutes. In many cases, death due to electrocution accidents are misidentified as a heart attack. The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s have a proven record of success investigating these cases and proving that electrocution accidents, not heart attack, was the cause of death.
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers based in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after an electrocution accident caused by:
• Rerouting of lines by an electrical company
• Improperly grounded air conditioners
• faulty home appliances and other defective products
• Electrical contractor or subcontractor negligence at a construction site
The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s have met and exceeded this requirement, conducting groundbreaking product safety testing, the results of which have been published in peer-reviewed technical journals. We frequently pass on the evidence we obtain through our investigations to the Consumer Product Safety Commission in order to help prevent future injury from the use of dangerous and defective products.
The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s have achieved many marks of distinction: Our firm is a national leader in the litigation of personal injury and wrongful death claims involving defective fans and faulty heaters. Our lawyers achieved one of the largest settlements in any Texas oil rig failure case to date. We have obtained some of the highest settlements in the nation in 18-wheeler Accident cases. We were one of the first law firms to take on the auto industry in Bridgestone defective tire litigation.
It can be easy to miss the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and resulting brain injury, especially in infants, the elderly and those with respiratory conditions. Unborn children can also suffer carbon monoxide poisoning if the mother is exposed.
Symptoms of low-to-moderate level carbon monoxide poisoning may be confused with the common cold or flu and include:
• Shortness of Breath
• Light – Headedness
The Wyatt Law firm is passionate about standing up for the rights of construction workers and factory employees who have suffered from workplace injuries as a result of third-party negligence in accidents such as:
• Falls caused by scaffolding collapses and ladder failures resulting in broken bones, spinal cord injuries, head injuries, brain damage and death
• Contractor, subcontractor and other third-party liability claims alleging negligence or careless scheduling
• Electrocution accidents caused by contractor negligence • Construction trench collapses or cave-ins resulting in crush injuries or death due to suffocation
• Burn injuries caused by construction site fires, industrial explosions or chemical exposure •Dangerous and defective products or tools used in construction
• Serious injury or death caused by defective industrial equipment
We have a proven record of success in obtaining substantial financial compensation for workers injured in a broad range of on-the-job accidents and workplace related injuries, such as:
• Construction and industrial accidents
• Farm and Ranch accidents
• Oilfield accidents
• Other workplace mishaps
Smoke detector failure accidents are a particularly egregious example of defective product design and manufacture. That is why The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s have taken a leading role in fighting to change the system and hold manufacturers accountable when smoke detector failure accidents result in serious harm to our clients, including:
• Burn Injuries, Scarring and Disfigurement
• Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and long-term brain injury
• Wrongful Death of a loved one or family member
One of the most common causes of house fire injury and death caused by defective box fans is a “glowing connection” in the switch. A glowing connection results when wires become oxidized, increasing electrical resistance and localized heating.One of the most dangerous features of glowing connections is that they will not trip circuit breakers, allowing the electrical heating to continue to dangerous levels resulting in unfortunate defective fan accidents.
Glowing connections may take days, months or even years to develop and are often a result of poor quality wiring or bad product design. Box fans manufactured in China, without quality control and minimum industry standards, appear to be at particular risk of developing glowing connections that can result in fire, burn injuries and carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you suffered serious burn injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning or the wrongful death of a loved one in a fire caused by a defective fan accident, please call The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s in San Antonio, Texas for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
“In a recent case, we bought 20 space heaters made in China. Not one of them contained the same internal components. All of them were missing at least 10 percent of their parts, and some had even been hot-glued in place. That’s how we found them. It’s scary, but true.”
If you suffered serious burn injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning or the wrongful death of a loved one in a fire caused by a faulty heater accident, please call The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s in San Antonio, Texas for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers located in San Antonio, Texas will help you seek maximum recovery after a farm and ranch accident caused by:
• Auger injuries such as amputation
• Faulty stump grinders and severe head injuries
• Tractor rollovers and instability issues
• Defective agricultural products
• Burn injuries caused by missing or faulty safety devices
A young child was riding down an escalator. The child lost his balance and when he put his hand down to brace himself, it slid in an excessive gap between the escalator step and the side skirt, severely injuring his hand. Every year thousands of people are injured due to entrapments that are caused by the negligence and carelessness of escalator owners. State laws and industry standards mandate that each escalator be maintained in a safe condition and that it pass a yearly inspection. When escalator owners fail to follow the law, innocent people can become seriously injured by an escalator accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in an escalatory accident, please call the Wyatt Law Firm Texas personal injury lawyers. The Wyatt Law Firm Texas Personal Injury Lawyer’s San Antonio, Texas fight for those who have been injured by defective and poorly maintained escalators resulting in Escalator Accidents.
Our team of proven accident and injury trial lawyers will help you seek maximum recovery after escalator accidents caused by:
• Excessive gaps between the escalator step and the side skirt
• Texas Code compliance and violations
• Failure to inspect and maintain escalators
• Company’s gross negligence in not repairing escalators
Our Lawyers have taken on some of the largest manufacturers of industrial equipment and machinery. We have a proven record of success in the negotiation and litigation of personal injury and wrongful death claims regarding industrial, construction and manufacturing product defects.
The following are examples of cases in which our accomplished trial lawyers successfully obtained financial recovery for clients who were injured by defective industrial equipment:
• Forklift: Absent locking mechanism resulted in head injury and paralysis
• Stump grinder: Manufactured and sold without a guard or operator presence system to prevent operator injury or death
•Auto ramp: Failure resulted in crushing damage, spinal cord injury and paraplegia