PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in-person, via telephone, or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Paula Wyatt was born in Temple, Texas, on May 18, 1959. She is a founding partner of the Wyatt Law Firm, Ltd., which concentrates on litigating catastrophic personal injury claims. Paula has extensive experience in handling complex litigation, including cases involving wrongful death, truck accidents, carbon monoxide exposure, oil field explosions and other injuries, defective industrial products, corporate negligence, and consumer safety.
Shortly after graduating from the University of Houston, Paula began her legal career as a prosecutor (Assistant District Lawyer) in Nueces County, Texas. She quickly distinguished herself as an accomplished, exceptional trial lawyer. She was instantly recognized as one of the most aggressive and productive prosecutors in the county. Paula soon became chief felony prosecutor for the 347th District Court and was instrumental in reducing the court's backlog of cases.
Since leaving the District Attorney's Office, Paula has devoted herself to personal injury litigation, once again quickly distinguishing herself as a formidable presence in the field. Paula’s extensive experience in handling contentious litigation cases has earned her multiple accolades, and a reputation as an exceptional trial attorney.
Paula knows the profound human impact of personal injuries and deaths. Consequently, she takes the time to not just get to know her clients, but to understand them. This approach has enabled Paula to successfully prosecute thousands of personal injury claims, many of which have involved landmark, record-breaking results.
Paula represented injured plaintiffs in the Alaska Airlines Flight 261 crash and the American Airlines Flight 587 crash. Her determination and tenacity earned her a seat on the Steering Committee for the consolidated Alaska Airline cases. It also earned her a place on the Steering Committee for the Texas Ford / Firestone consolidated cases.
Because of her distinguished history of professional achievements, she has earned the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. Additionally, she is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. She has repeatedly been selected as a Texas Super Lawyer. She has also been recognized as one of the Top 25 National Women Trial Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Lawyers, and the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys’ 10 Best Female Attorneys.
Because of her success as a seasoned trial attorney and her unique presentation style, Paula is often asked to present lectures and papers. She has presented for various legal organizations and seminars and is often sought out to share her knowledge and insight with her colleagues. Paula has presented for the State Bar of Texas, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Corpus Christi Bar Association, Corpus Christi Legal Assistants' Association, and the Corpus Christi Legal Secretaries' Association.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Defects
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 1984
- Texas A & M University
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- AIEG (Attorneys Information Exchange Group), Member, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- International Peace Prize
- Lexis Nexus
- Super Lawyers 2011-2012, 2014-2019
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers 2007-2012, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Texas Bar CLE
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best – Female Attorneys
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers 2009, 2016
- Top Attorneys in Texas 2012, 2014, 2016-2017
- AV Preeminent the Highest Possible Rating
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction
- 10 Best Female Attorneys
- Top Rated Attorneys
- Top Attorneys
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Motor Vehicle Trial Association
Fraternities And Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
Past Employment Positions
- Nueces County, Texas, Assistant County Attorney, 1985 to 1986
- Assistant District Attorney
- Capital Murder Cases, Chief Assistant Prosecutor, 1986 to 1989