Amarillo, TX (January 23, 2023) – A man died as a result of a pedestrian crash that took place on Saturday evening in Amarillo. On January 21, the Amarillo Police Department was notified that a collision occurred on Osage Street.
Law enforcement reports show that just after 8:00 p.m., a 32-year-old man was walking across Osage Street when he was struck by a car that was traveling south on the road. The 71-year-old driver of the vehicle remained at the scene.
The pedestrian suffered fatal injuries due to the crash. Authorities arrived at the scene and pronounced the victim deceased.
Alcohol is believed to have played a role in this accident.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We offer our condolences to the family of the man who died in this fatal pedestrian crash.
Fatal Pedestrian Accidents in Texas
Fatal pedestrian crashes take the lives of hundreds of people annually in Texas, and the majority of these accidents are preventable. Some of the main factors in fatal pedestrian crashes that we see here in Texas include:
- Speeding motorists: Speeding cars can hit pedestrians who are crossing the street or riding their bikes in a crosswalk, or attempting to cross the road in any location. When drivers are traveling too fast, the impact of accidents involving pedestrians is often severe as well.
- Failing to yield: Failing to yield is another leading cause of fatal car crashes that take place in our state involving pedestrians. When drivers fail to yield to pedestrians, it can have significant consequences.
- Distracted driving: Distracted drivers may not see a pedestrian on the roadway or on the sidewalk. We see many pedestrian crashes take place as a result of drivers who are texting on their phones or have their attention off the road for other purposes.
If your loved one has died as a result of the fatal pedestrian crash, a wrongful death lawyer in Amarillo can help you seek financial compensation for some of the losses and damages that you face. This can include:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover the deceased’s medical expenses if they accrued any before their death.
- Funeral and burial expenses: You will likely be able to recover the costs of the funeral and burial to ensure you are able to provide your final respects to your loved one.
- Loss of income: You can recover lost earnings for your loved one. This can include future earnings if they had been expected to make more money in the future. A financial expert will calculate this total amount by determining if your loved one was promotable based on their age, job title, and level of education.
- Loss of companionship: You may also be able to recover damages for the loss of companionship and love that you suffer as a result of the loss.
Before anything else, however, it is vital that you seek the assistance of a wrongful death lawyer in Amarillo as soon as possible.
At the Wyatt Law Firm, our team of dedicated Amarillo pedestrian accident lawyers is committed to fighting for justice for your family. Schedule a consultation by reaching out to our team at 210-340-5550.
Note: Our team used secondary sources when creating this post. These sources include but are not limited to local and state police reports, local news reports, social media platforms, and eyewitness accounts about the accident described. Our team has not independently verified all the facts surrounding this accident. For this reason, if you locate any information that is incorrect, please let us know immediately so that we can correct the error. We will remove a post if requested.
Disclaimer: This post is not a solicitation for business, and none of the information provided in this post is intended to be legal or medical advice. The photograph used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.