San Antonio Car Accident Attorneys
While car accidents might seem commonplace, we should never write off the injuries, fatalities, and damages they cause. People involved in these accidents can suffer for weeks, months, or even a lifetime. They deserve full and fair compensation for their preventable injuries.
After a car accident, even if you only think you suffered minor injuries, contact an experienced San Antonio car accident attorney at the Wyatt Law Firm for help.
Table of Contents
About Wyatt Law Firm
At Wyatt Law Firm, we know and experience the same safety risks people face daily on San Antonio roadways. It only takes a moment for a collision to occur and have a lasting impact on your life and those you love. At first, your car accident might seem like a minor inconvenience, but it has the potential to cause ongoing physical, mental, and financial burdens.
After suffering an injury in a motor vehicle accident, the last thing you need to worry about is how to file an insurance claim and pursue your rights to a fair settlement. When you hire the car accident attorneys at the Wyatt Law Firm, you won’t need to worry; we are here to help.
Your car accident and the injuries you sustain are unique. As such, take an individual approach to every car accident claim. When you hire our skilled car accident attorneys, you can rely on personalized representation and attention from beginning to end. Personal injury representation isn’t just our job; it’s our calling in life. Our clients and their best interests are what drive us.
When you meet with us, you’ll understand why our firm has many awards and accolades for our legal services. To learn more about how we can help, please contact our office for a no-obligation car accident consultation.
Not only can you potentially receive more compensation but hiring a lawyer has other benefits as well. Letting them take care of your claim allows you more time to heal from your injuries. They can also help you keep track of your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Our San Antonio accident attorneys can:
- Help ensure that you protect your case.
- Determine who is liable for your injuries.
- Identify and value your damages.
- Protect you from the tactics of the insurance company.
- Negotiate a fair settlement or litigate your case if necessary.
Wyatt Law Firm: Car Accident Case Results
Injured victims should keep in mind that every case is different, which means that the results from previous cases will never serve as promises of what you might receive when hiring an attorney at the Wyatt Law Firm. However, our case results reflect our deep commitment to excellence in the personal injury legal field and how we fight for maximum injury compensation for each client.
We’ve recovered over $500 million for our clients.
Some of our recent car accident case results include:
- $10.25 million for a family who lost a loved one when a truck rear-ended a car
- $1.375 million for a client who was a Sheriff’s Officer responding to a crash when a truck slammed into him, causing head, neck, and back injuries
- $1.3 million for a client who suffered injuries when an inattentive driver slammed into the back of their car
- $421,345 for a client who suffered injuries due to a defective vehicle part
You should also note that the amount of compensation you receive depends on the details of your accident, the specific circumstances of the accident, and the severity of your injuries and damages. You can trust that our attorneys can handle high-dollar motor vehicle accident claims with the utmost care.
Causes of San Antonio Car Accidents
When you hire our San Antonio car accident lawyers, we will examine the factors and circumstances that might have led to your accident. These details will steer your case in the right direction.
Common driver-related causes of traffic accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Drivers can also cause accidents by:
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Turning improperly
Other factors that can contribute to car accidents include:
- Road conditions like sharp turns in the road or potholes
- Missing, damaged, or malfunctioning street or stop signs, or traffic lights
- Driving carelessly in ice, snow, rain, fog, and high winds
- Vehicle issues, for example, loose objects in the car, vehicle design defects, and tire blowouts
Common Car Accident Types
No matter what type of car accident you were involved in, a skilled car accident lawyer can help. They can investigate how your accident occurred and determine who is at fault for your injuries. Here are the most common types of car accidents:
Rear-end collisions are the most frequent on American roadways, making up 29 percent of all accidents and accounting for about 1.7 million accidents annually. One vehicle following another too closely, known as tailgating, is often the cause of rear-end accidents.
Some rear-end collisions occur when a car has already stopped at a red light, causing traffic flow to slow unexpectedly. Distracted drivers might fail to notice the stopped or slowed traffic in front of them with enough time to prevent an accident.
Side-impact collisions happen when one car crashes into the side of another vehicle. These collisions are especially dangerous because there is less space on the side of a vehicle to absorb the accident’s impact and help protect passengers.
A common type of side-impact collision is a T-bone crash. A T-bone crash occurs when one vehicle perpendicularly impacts the side of another. This usually happens when a vehicle runs a red light, then collides with a car traveling through the intersection on a green light.
Crashes While Merging
When two lanes of traffic merge and one car sideswipes another, a merging crash occurs. Crashes while merging are typically caused by drivers attempting to merge because they fail to check their blind spots for other vehicles when changing lanes. Speeding can also contribute to these types of accidents.
Head-on crashes are extremely dangerous and often deadly. They generally occur at high speeds, making it hard for the seat belt, airbag, and other car safety features to absorb the powerful impact enough to protect the vehicle’s passengers from severe injuries or death.
Head-on collisions don’t always involve other vehicles. They can also involve animals and other fixed objects, like road signs or trees. Frequently, wrong-way drivers and those driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are the ones who cause this type of accident.
Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can be as simple as scratches and bruises or more serious as broken bones or internal organ damage. The type and severity of injuries depend on the speed and force of the accident, as well as the types of vehicles involved and their protective features. Sometimes an individual’s pre-accident health status or previous medical conditions can impact the type and severity of car accident injuries.
Typical car accident injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries such as concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), internal bleeding, skull fractures, or lacerations
- Back and neck injuries, including sprains, whiplash, herniated discs, and spinal cord injury (SCI) that can result in partial or complete paralysis
- Severe and extensive burns
- Soft tissue injuries to muscles, tendons, or ligaments, such as tearing or stretching
- Bone fractures that might require surgery and take a long time to heal
- Emotional trauma such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression
If you suffered any of these injuries, an experienced San Antonio car accident lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
San Antonio Car Accident FAQs
Which San Antonio Roads and Intersections Are the Most Dangerous?
Loop 1604 and Loop 410 are both circular roads bypassing San Antonio’s city streets. Tens of thousands of motorists use them daily. Unfortunately, drivers often speed on these bypass roads, putting others at risk.
One report revealed that Loop 1604 has an average of three car accidents per day, while Loop 410 at I-35 is considered the most dangerous road in the entire city. After Loop 410, I-35 itself is also dangerous for motorists. Interstate 10 is also heavily traveled by both cars and trucks, increasing the number of accidents.
In addition, many accidents occur on San Antonio’s streets and intersections.
Some of the most dangerous intersections around San Antonio include:
- IH 10 and Loop 1604
- Bandera Road and Loop 1604
- Loop 1604 and Highway 281
- Highway 151 and Loop 410
- Loop 410 and San Pedro Avenue
- Rigsby Avenue and Loop 410
- Loop 410 and Old Seguin Road
- Alamo Ranch Parkway and Westwood Loop
- State Highway 151 and West Military Drive
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
While most car accident claims settle out of court, some do not. Injured victims need to understand that there is a two-year statute of limitations for injury claims in Texas. This means they have two years from the date of their accident to file a lawsuit if their claim doesn’t settle out of court. If they miss this deadline, they cannot use the legal system to pursue compensation.
Two years might seem like a long time, but in reality, it’s not. Your San Antonio car accident attorney needs time to prepare your case and attempt to settle it before moving forward with the entire legal process if it becomes necessary. Therefore, contacting an attorney as soon as possible after a car accident is in your best interest.
Exceptions to the Statute of Limitations
However, there are a few exceptions to the Texas statute of limitations.
These exceptions delay when the statute of limitations begins to run:
- If the injured individual is under the age of 18 or, by Texas law, is not of a sound mind, the clock for the statute of limitations does not start running until they reach the age of 18 or are of sound mind.
- If the potential at-fault party in the case leaves the state of Texas after the accident, but before you file a lawsuit, the clock pauses until their return.
You must be sure how the statute of limitations applies to your case. Speaking with a San Antonio car accident can help you understand your specific deadline for filing your claim. Your attorney can also help ensure you don’t miss the filing deadline and enhance your chances of fair compensation for your injuries.
What is a Hit-and-Run Accident?
A hit-and-run accident occurs when an accident results in an injury or fatality and one or more drivers:
- Didn’t stop their vehicle at the scene of their accident or as close as possible to the scene
- Didn’t stop without obstructing more traffic than necessary
- Failed to stay at the accident scene until they exchanged all essential information with other drivers
- Didn’t stop at the accident scene and failed to return to the accident.
Drivers often flee the scene of an accident because they lack any insurance or adequate insurance coverage. Drivers who do this can face charges of leaving the scene of an accident/hit and run (under the Texas Transportation Code § 550.021), a Class B or Class C misdemeanor. If you are the victim of such an accident, working with an attorney is imperative to help recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact the Wyatt Law Firm Today
If you are ready to pursue compensation for your car accident damages, reach out to the Wyatt Law Firm today. One of our compassionate San Antonio personal injury lawyers will review your case and start advocating for you. Taking this step can give you the peace of mind that someone is on your side and watching out for your best interests. Contact us online or call our San Antonio office at (210) 340-5550 to discuss your accident and how we can help you.