- What’s my situation? How major are my injuries? Assessing your situation along with your injuries is important before looking at possible attorneys. By understanding the caliber of any damage done to your property along with your injuries, it makes it easier to narrow down what kind of personal injury attorney you need. Some personal injury attorneys specialize in small accidents, while others practice exclusively with catastrophic injuries.
- How much experience does my attorney have? After you have assessed any damage done to your property along with the injuries you’ve obtained, you can now look for an attorney who specializes in working with cases like yours. Many attorneys specialize in personal injury, but be sure to check what kind of cases they typically handle. To achieve the best results, you need an attorney that has the experience and proven results to deal with an injury like yours efficiently.
- What are my attorney’s reviews like? We live in the age of technology — reviews for products and services are easily accessible at the click of a button, thanks to sites like Google, Facebook, and Yelp. Because of this, everyone should do their homework on their attorney before hiring one. When searching the given attorney’s reviews, look for overall customer satisfaction. Be wary of unverified reviews.
- Do they charge a fee if there isn’t a recovery? “No fee, no recovery,” is a term many personal injury attorneys use, meaning you pay nothing unless your case is won. Many other attorneys use alternative forms of payment plans when dealing with legal fees. No matter how you plan on paying your legal fees, be sure to check your attorney’s case results to get an idea of their average recoveries. Your best bet is to choose an attorney that offers free consultations and is transparent with their payment process.
- How does my attorney communicate with clients? As the saying goes, communication is key. This goes for your attorney-client relationship as well. Ask an attorney about communication processes. If you have an emergency question, where can you go? Finding an attorney you can keep an open line of communication with is vital in ensuring that your case is being handled with care.
You’ve Been Injured: Here’s What You Should Consider Before Hiring an Attorney Finding the ideal lawyer to represent you is one of the most important factors in a successful recovery. After getting seriously injured, most scramble to find the best attorney in order to get the justice that they deserve. Before you make any big decisions, you should do your homework on how to choose the right attorney to get the best results. Below are questions you should consider before hiring an attorney: