1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Oil Field Injuries
  4.  » Oil Field Accident FAQ

Oil Field Accident FAQ

Wyatt Law Firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for oil and gas workers injured or killed in explosions, fires, machinery accidents and other oil field mishaps.

If you or a loved one was hurt in an oil field accident, call us at 210-255-2231 for a free consultation. We welcome cases throughout Texas and nationwide.

Frequently Asked Questions About Work-Related Injuries In The Oil And Gas Industry

What do I do if I’ve been involved in an oil field accident?

  1. If possible, it is important that you first notify your supervisor of the incident to ensure there is documentation surrounding the incident.
  2. After notifying your supervisor, seek medical treatment immediately. It is important that your injuries and symptoms are documented as soon as possible to retain the value of your personal injury claim.
  3. After you have sought medical treatment, contact and experienced personal injury lawyer, preferably a personal injury lawyer well-versed in handling oilfield accident lawsuits. The personal injury lawyers at the Wyatt Law Firm have decades of experience in handling oilfield accident lawsuits. We are familiar with the entire process of an oilfield accident claim from start to finish.
  4. Additionally, we will make sure that you receive state of the art treatment for the injuries you sustained as a result of an oilfield accident.

Do I have a legal claim if I already received worker’s compensation?

Yes, you may have a legal claim, even if you received worker’s compensation benefits. Please note that the Wyatt Law Firm does not handle worker’s compensation claims but we are eager to represent you for a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawsuit may enable you to recover money above and beyond workers’ comp, such as compensation for pain and suffering.

What if I was exposed to chemicals while working on the job? Do I still have a case?

Absolutely. Exposure to harmful chemicals while working in an industrial environment is a serious situation. Exposure to chemicals such as carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide, methane, among many other compounds can be harmful. It is important that you first seek medical treatment and then contact a personal injury attorney that is experienced in handling claims related to toxic chemical exposure.

I got fired for using my stop-work authority. Do I have a case?

Wyatt Law Firm applauds you for taking appropriate measures to ensure safety where you work. However, we are a personal injury firm, seeking maximum compensation for damages caused by negligence. If you give us a call, we are happy to refer you to a firm that handles employment law.

What happens if I can’t work anymore because of my injuries?

You may be entitled to disability compensation because you have lost your vocation and earning ability. At the Wyatt Law Firm, we fight hard for maximum compensation because we realize that major accidents change lives forever, even preventing people from returning to work.

Can I claim lost wages?

Yes. Wyatt Law Firm helps clients claim lost wages as well as future damages for loss of vocational ability.

What if I had a prior oil field accident and got re-injured?

It’s proof that you work in a dangerous industry! If your oil field accident aggravated an old injury, you are still entitled to seek compensation, including damages for chronic pain or permanent impairment.

Call The Wyatt Firm For Answers And Aggressive Advocacy

We aggressively seek results for oil and gas workers across Texas, including San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Laredo and Corpus Christi. Get a free consultation at 210-255-2231.


We've Recovered More Than

$500 Million

For Our Clients

Free Consultation,

Call Us Today.

No Recovery,

No Fee.