Over $500 Million Recovered by Our Accident Attorneys
After a self-driving car accident injures you in Texas, you may feel overwhelmed and uncertain about where to turn. At the Wyatt Law Firm, we understand the emotional and physical toll that an accident can take on someone and their family, which is why we are here to help.
As experienced Texas self-driving car accident attorneys, we know how to help you recover from your injuries and recover monetary compensation for your losses, including pain and suffering.
Our legal team has a proven history of successful case results involving self-driving car accidents, and we are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you need and deserve.
Self-driving cars may seem like science fiction, but the pain from an accident involving an autonomous car is real. Contact our car accident lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling (210) 340-5550.
What Is a Self-driving Automobile?
A self-driving vehicle, also known as an autonomous vehicle, uses a combination of sensors, cameras, and software to navigate and operate without human input. The level of autonomy can vary, with all vehicles still requiring a human driver to keep their hands on the wheel to control it.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has defined five levels of vehicle autonomy, ranging from Level 0 (no automation) to Level 5 (full automation).
We know that no two self-driving car accidents are the same, so our legal team takes the time to review each case individually. Any car accident attorney can take a self-driving car crash case, but that does not mean they should. You need a lawyer who has studied how autonomous cars work and understands the different types of harm they cause. Arguing in front of a judge or jury on the mechanics of self-driving cars and 18-wheelers requires specialized knowledge, and not all accident attorneys have the skills, resources, or experience to represent clients in these complex injury cases.
5 Reasons to Hire the Wyatt Law Firm for Your Self-Driving Car Accident
1. We will tell your story. At the Wyatt Law Firm, we prioritize you as a client above everything else. As our client, you can share your unique story of how a self-driving car accident has affected your life through a personalized recorded video. Our innovative strategy of highlighting your struggles is a powerful tool for settlement negotiations or trial proceedings.
By combining your video with expert testimonies, we can effectively present your case to a judge and jury, showcasing the negligence or safety violations that harmed you. Our video brochures will present you as a real person, bringing your case to life and highlighting the facts of your accident in a compelling way. With the Wyatt Law Firm, you can trust that will will make your story heard and protect your rights.
2. Experience and results matter. For over 30 years, the Wyatt Law Firm has paved the way in the legal industry, driven by our unwavering Passion for Justice. Our attorneys have earned stellar reputations as fierce advocates for our clients, dedicating themselves to vigorously litigating personal injury cases. Our history of success speaks for itself through the testimonials of the many people we helped.
We have recovered over $500 million in awards, settlements, and verdicts for our clients. These case results have vastly improved the lives of those who suffered the devastating effects of a self-driving car crash, allowing them to rebuild and move forward with their lives. At the Wyatt Law Firm, we are committed to achieving justice for every client we represent.
3. Immediate help the day you hire us. Navigating the claims process and negotiating with insurance companies can present enormous challenges, particularly in cases involving crashes from the negligent operation of a self-driving car. At the Wyatt Law Firm, our team of experienced accident lawyers will handle these challenges for you. We know how to effectively deal with insurance companies and we will work to ensure that you receive a fair and just settlement.
You can trust us to handle all communication with the insurance companies, sparing you the stress and frustration of dealing with them directly. When it comes time to settle your self-driving accident claim, if negotiations with the insurance company break down, we fully prepare to take your case to trial to preserve your rights and see that justice is served. With the Wyatt Law Firm by your side, you can focus on healing and recovery while we fight for the compensation you deserve.
4. We will determine fault. After a crash with an autonomous vehicle, determining fault can present challenges. Self-driving cars, such as a Tesla with its Autopilot system, can add an additional layer of difficulty of figuring out who—or what—caused the accident. At the Wyatt Law Firm, we understand the details involved in investigating vehicles with technologically advanced self-driving functions. We have assembled a team and fully equipped it with the means and to thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident.
Our attorneys routinely hire and consult experts who specialize in self-driving accident reconstructions, using the event data recorder or black box in autonomous cars. We are committed to leaving no stone unturned in our efforts to determine fault and safeguard your right to compensation. With the Wyatt Law Firm on your side, you can trust that we will do everything in our power to uncover the truth and hold all responsible parties accountable.
5.You can afford our experienced attorneys. Taking on the legal burden of a car accident is never easy, especially if you lose work because of your pain and injuries. Hiring an accident lawyer who can provide comprehensive and specialized assistance with no out-of-pocket costs to you means that you don’t have to stress over paying an attorney upfront.
We are committed to injured Texans by taking self-driving injury cases on a contingency basis with our No Recovery, No Fee guarantee. Everyone should have access to affordable, excellent lawyers, and that’s precisely what we strive to be.
Our hard work and results haven’t gone unnoticed. The Wyatt Law Firm has received recognition and awards for its exemplary customer service and representation of injured victims. The high standards of our attorneys have contributed to the success of our firm by exceeding the expectations of our clients. We offer 100 percent free consultations and case evaluations. We can come to you in the hospital or at your home. Wherever you are, we are there for you.
How Much Is a Self-Driving Car Accident Lawsuit Worth in Texas?
Self-driving and autonomous cars rely on complex technologies. After an accident occurs, determining fault for the crash an requires a skilled self-driving car attorney. You need a lawyer who know state and federal autonomous vehicle laws to evaluate a case and weigh the risks of taking a lawsuit to trial.
In addition, the level of autonomy of the vehicle involved in the accident could significantly change the value of your lawsuit. Fully autonomous vehicles involved in accidents may shift liability from the driver to the manufacturer, while semi-autonomous vehicles may share liability with both the driver and the car maker.
How much you may recover can vary depending on several factors. As with most motor vehicle accidents, injured people can receive compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and repairs to their vehicle. Discussing your case with a Texas self-driving vehicle accident lawyer will give you a better understanding of how much you can expect from your accident.
Who Takes the Blame in a Self-driving Car Accident?
Accidents involving self-driving cars make the news all the time. Accountability for auto accidents generally falls on human drivers, but that may change when an autonomous vehicle causes the accident. A skilled attorney can determine if the law will consider someone behind the wheel of a car in autonomous mode a driver or a passenger or if you can hold the car company responsible for an accident. Our knowledgeable attorneys know how to evaluate your case involving a car on Autopilot and get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why Do Most Self-Driving Cars Crash?
Fully self-driving cars get into accidents because of:
- Failure of hardware or software to stop safely or detect when a driver can take over
- Drivers who fail to notice warnings to resume driving again
- Lack of focus and paying attention to the road
- Drivers who mistakenly think they are ready to take over driving but are not
- Failure to warn and inform drivers of the risks of operating an autonomous vehicle
- People who completely rely on Autopilot and using a hands-off approach
- Slow reaction times switching to manual driving due to physical limitations, medication, alcohol, or driving conditions
- Misuse of the vehicle’s Autopilot or self-driving capabilities
Do I Need a San Antonio Self-driving Car Accident Lawyer?
30 Years of Successful Results and a Passion for Justice
Insurance companies notoriously deny or undervalue claims with self-driving vehicles. Our highly experienced attorneys know how to effectively handle complicated cases, negotiate with insurance companies, and work diligently to get clients maximum compensation. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer.
A self-driving car accident involves legal issues such as product liability and negligence, as well as an understanding of the technology used to make cars drive themselves. A qualified lawyer from the Wyatt Law Firm will investigate the accident, determine fault, and obtain the compensation you and your family need now and in the future.
Whether you are dealing with injuries, property damage, or other losses, our San Antonio self-driving car accident lawyer will protect your rights and guide you through the legal process. Find out if the Wyatt Law Firm is the right firm for you by calling us at (210) 340-5550 or by using our online contact form. The consultations and case evaluations are completely free.
Paula and her team at Wyatt Law Firm represented me professionally and fought hard for every dollar to the very end! She takes her cases personal and actually gets to know you, building a great relationship! She put me in touch with world class doctors right here in Texas! I could not be more pleased!!! I would definitely recommend Wyatt Law Firm to anyone in need of an attorney! At the end of the day, they offer caring, stress free, professional, hard working, services to hard working and honest American people! Don’t waste your time elsewhere!!!
Wyatt Law Firm, PLLC
21 Lynn Batts Lane, Suite 10
San Antonio, Texas 78218