Gavin concentrates his practice in the representation of plaintiffs in serious personal injury, trucking accident, barratry and legal malpractice, and products liability cases. Gavin has also represented plaintiffs in significant commercial litigation disputes, and whistleblowers in qui tam (False Claims Act) actions. He has successfully prosecuted class actions in state and federal court, representing consumers against big business on a wide variety of claims, including disputes focusing on overcharges for goods or services, breaches of contract, negligence, fraud, deceptive trade practices and insurance matters.
Gavin was born in Maracaibo, Venezuela, and lived in Colombia and Ecuador before coming to the United States. He speaks both English and Spanish. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. While in law school, Gavin was inducted into the prestigious Order of the Barristers, and was a mock trial national champion (American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition (1986)).
Gavin is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is also a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. Only the top 1/3 of 1% of Texas attorneys are invited to become Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation. Nomination to the Fellows is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas. Nomination as a Fellow is based on outstanding contributions to the legal profession as well as a commitment to the community. Once nominees are selected, each nominee must be elected by the Texas Bar Foundation Board of Trustees. If elected as a Fellow, one has the opportunity to join a network of top attorneys in Texas with clear agreement on the importance of professional integrity and on promoting the cause of justice in Texas.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: Graduated With Honors
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Honors: National Champion, American Association for Justice Mock Trial Comp 1986
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 1984
- Corporate Successor Liability Plus Lender Liability: A Poison Pill with a One-Two Financial Knockout Punch (Co-Authored With Don W. Towe and James E. McNerney) Environmental Claims Journal Vol. 1, No. 4, Summer, 1989
- Tilting at Windmills: Trying To Be an Innocent Purchaser (Co-Authored With Don W. Towe and James E. McNerney) Toxic Law Reporter Vol. 4, No. 5, July 5, 1989
Honors and Awards
- American Association for Justice National Mock Trial Champion, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta
We've Recovered More Than
For Our Clients
Call Us Today.